Thursday 9 February 2012

Thursday cardio day

I can't remember when I posted last - Monday? I had 3 salads that day. Tuesday I had light veggies beef soup for 240 cal for a big can. Yesterday was super healthy eating at less than 1200 calories. At the gym, I tried the Hammer Strength ab extension machine. You have to pull down, the seat moves to a crunch position. Kinda scary to be truthful. I did low weight and 2 sets of 12 reps to try it. My abs hurt today. Maybe that's because I also did the ab crunch for 3 sets of 20 reps at a slightly higher weight. I walked to the gym that day.

Today is Thursday. It's cardio day! Rather than doing a specific work out, I opted to walk downtown about 1 km or maybe more to do some errands. Kept up a good pace and walked over 4000 steps, burning 151 calories according to my pedometer on the iPod.

Breakfast was a breakfast burrito from the freezer and 6 oz of milk. Not high in calories but not as healthy as it could have been I suppose but with the cold and walking, I think my body was craving more substance. Water when I returned.

For wellness: went to a business meeting Tuesday night. One presentation was on personal image and branding. Great spiel about wardrobe, body type and accessorizing. I am inspired to finally clear out my closet once and for all from the items that are too big, too tight from way back before I had kids and there is no way my shape will ever change that much to be truthful, too shapeless, too blah or just old that I never choose to wear. Must go through my jewellery too.

For me: finished sewing 7 crests on a camp blanket last night at work #3 and read more of my Happiness Project book. It was a good night at work. Work #4 of the day - delivered an order, received payment for another order and had a small inventory order placed. Also had a ref. letter dropped off for me. Yay! Productive!

Job hunt? Sent 21 resumes since Jan. 27. I have to send more. Need inspiration.

Lots to do. I don't see how anyone could be bored at home. I think I am my hardest boss. I don't give myself many breaks, keep a to do list with deadlines for myself to follow, just so much to do in day. One day I would like my house organized, no piles everywhere, no emails to catch up on and some hours in a day to do fun stuff.

Tonight - volunteering!

No comments:

Post a Comment