Friday 27 April 2012

Cookies, cakes and more!

Prepping for my husband's milestone 40th birthday party tomorrow night. No idea how many people are coming. Could be small, could be big. This morning I baked the cake and cupcakes. I have a great plan for decorating them later if the kids don't dive in first. They had a sample so they should be satisfied.

I'm tired. I feel almost anxious. We are selling the last of our Girl Guide cookies today at another mall. I will be glad when the campaign is over Monday. I feel like we (D & I) have done so much for it already. Spent the last half hour dusting the living and dining rooms. More tidying, vacuuming and cleaning of the kitchen is next on the list. Still have to wash the floors and clean the bathrooms.

It's a P.A. Day so no work for me and no school for them. We haven't done anything as a family yet today. I shouldn't complain. It's only 12:15pm. I'm just wiped out. I have to learn to accept things won't be perfect.

I received a long awaited back order from Epicure today. Have to contact the hostess and deliver to Ajax. Not sure when I can do that. I know Sunday I won't be up for anything. Maybe tomorrow? Gotta get the kids to do homework this afternoon. Lots of laundry to put away. Hard to do it all myself. Kids helped a little but I guess I'd rather do it and have someone entertain them.

I should make lunch. Today I had a shake for breakfast - 1/2 scoop of whey protein powder, handful of grapes, peach yogurt and milk. Maybe that's why I am beat - no carbs and all that running around.

No comments:

Post a Comment